Apple to Charge $279 for iPhone X Screen Repairs and $549 for Other Damage Outside of Warranty
Apple has updated its website with non-warranty service pricing for the iPhone X, which became available to pre-order starting today.
In the United States, Apple will charge flat rates of $279 for iPhone X screen repairs and $549 for any other damage to the device, unless it is a manufacturing defect covered by Apple's standard one-year limited warranty. The fees vary in other countries, such as Australia, Canada, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
• Australia: $419 for screen repairs, $819 for other damage
• Canada: $359 for screen repairs, $709 for other damage
• Germany: €321 for screen repairs, and €611 for other damage
• United Kingdom: £286 for screen repairs, £556 for other damage
• United States: $279 for screen repairs, $549 for other damage
These prices do not apply to customers who purchase AppleCare+ for the iPhone X, which costs $199 upfront in the United States.
AppleCare+ is an optional warranty plan that extends an iPhone's coverage to two years from the original purchase date of the device. The plan adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a lower service fee of $29 for screen repairs, or $99 for any other damage.
If you shatter your iPhone X's screen once during its lifetime, for example, you would pay $279 out of warranty. With the upfront cost of AppleCare+ coupled with the screen repair incidental fee, you would pay $228, so purchasing the plan can save you money in the long run if an accident happens.
If you shatter your iPhone X's back glass, having AppleCare+ is even more worthwhile. Apple's flat rate is $549 for this type of damage, while the upfront cost of AppleCare+ coupled with a $99 incidental fee totals $298.
AppleCare+ for iPhone also provides 24/7 priority access to AppleCare advisors via online chat or phone for up to two years after the device's original purchase date. Without the plan, iPhone owners are covered by a limited one-year warranty and an initial 90 days of complimentary telephone support.
- iFixit Releases Fun x-ray and Internal Wallpapers for iPhone XR iPhone X to be Available in New "Blush Gold" Color on Jan, 2018 iPhone X Features Exclusive 'Reflection' Ringtone New Bug on iPhone X Notch Apple’s iPhone X Event Start Time in Your Country Camera Comparison: iPhone XR vs. iPhone XS Max iPhone X Plus Concept Imagines Gorgeous Gold and Dual SIM Hackers Claim to Break Face ID a Week After iPhone X Release