What's Backup & Restore?
Which data you are not able to back up?
3uTools can help you backup almost all data, however, you can not back up some data using 3uTools. Here is a list of content that you can not back up.
1. Contents in the iTunes Store & App Store (including all the Apps), and the PDF downloaded to your iBooks (you can choose to back up these contents in your iTunes)
2. Data you synced from iTunes, such as MP3, CD, video, books & photos.
3. The photos stored in iCloud, such as "My Photo Stream" & iCloud photo album.
4. Touch ID Setting
5. Apple Pay information & settings
6."Activity History", "Health", "Keychain" data (if you want to back up them, you only choose encrypted backup)
Backup password? What will happen if you set a backup password?
1. If you have set a backup password, all the backup data will be encrypted, the password will be required when you restore, you can not even view data from backup viewer without password;
2. If you change the backup password, all the backup data you upload after the change will be locked by the new password, but the backup data uploaded before the change will still need the old password to restore or browse;
3. If you delete the backup password, all the backup data you upload after the deletion will not be locked, but the backup data uploaded before the deletion will still need the old password to restore or browse.
4. if you forget this password, all the backup will be not available, and there is no way to find back this password, so all the data & settings can only be erased by flash the iDevice.
1. Restore feature allows you restore all the backup data & settings you backed up;
2. if you have set a password, the restore can not be proceeded without the password;
3. When you restore the data, the backup data size can not exceed the iDevice storage space;
4. Backup saved from the higher iOS version iDevice can not be restored to a lower iOS version iDevice.
Step 1 Back up all the data to the PC.
1) Open the 3uTools PC software, and connect the iDevice to the PC, then click the“Toolbox-Backup/Restore-Backup iDevice” button, and click the "Backup";
2) Wait for Backup Complete
The more data need to be backed up, the more time will be needed (sometimes it may cost hours), please wait patiently for the backup complete;
Step 2 Restore the data to the iDevice
1) Open the 3uTools PC software, and connect the iDevice to the PC, then click the“Toolbox-Backup/Restore-Restore iDevice” button, and click the "Restore" (The more data need to be restored, the more time will be needed, please wait patiently for the restore complete).
2) After data files were restored successfully, please don’t unplug iDevice. Please wait for the iDevice to reboot and then choose if you need to restore apps.
3) After clicking “Restore”, 3uTools will download and install the apps you have restored to your iDevice, you may view more details in Downloads.
- “iDevice is Connected, But Can’t be Recognized” While Using 3uTools? How to Solve the Frequent Operational Failure of 3uTools on Computer? How to Fix Cannot Import Photos to the Camera Roll? What's Firmware Cache? How to Download and Set Ringtone Using 3uTools? 3uTools Frequently Prompts “Connection Timeout”? How to Restore A Disabled iPhone Using 3uTools? What's Customized Backup & Customized Restore?